Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Poetry for the duration.. and Iron Mike

A note of caution....from here on out the majority of posts will take the form of poems. My fascination with poetry started when I was around 10 yrs old and heard the likes of.....no not Walt Whitman, Robert Frost, Pablo Neruda, Shakespeare, or the like; but the fine work of the annonymous poets who published such great works as.......: "There once was a man from Bombass....". I know you all know the rest.

This early appreciation of profound expression (following strict form of course) has led to my quest to post in verse. I will also say that I am partial to the Haiku. Not because I like Japanese per se, (domo arigato, moshi moshi, sayonara and konichiwa) but I like the simple rhyming scheme of 5-7-5.

Oh, I rode down the escalator with Iron Mike Tyson yesterday as I was leaving Terminal 4 of Sky Harbor airport. He was dressed in white (white hat), had an agent sort with him and looked to weigh around 300lbs. He was talking on the phone, sounding like a sissy, but with the tattoo all over the side of his face and his extra lbs, I was scared to tell him so. I did, however, snap a photo from behind with my fancy phone, but it came out blurry. (I was giddy with excitement.)








3 comments:

Brigham said...

He was wearing white to hide the cocaine all over his shirt.

Brigham said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brigham said...

Tyson Haiku:

Mike Tyson, who's that?
Washed up boxer, got real fat.
Todd wants his white hat.