Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The girl of my dreams


16 yrs ago,
I saw the girl of my dreams.
Sporting boots and denim
Eating a Navajo taco with chili, rice and beans.

In the Cougar Eat,
She was helping me with biology,
But I couldn't concentrate due to her Physiology.
Mesmerized by her green eyes and curly brown mane,
And the wit that she used when guessing any passerbys name. (Monique....was it?)

She is amazing,
I thought in my mind.
But how will this girl ever like anyone of my kind?
Lucky for me.
The feeling was in-common
and we eat Navajo tacos each year
to commemorate our reunion.


4 comments:

EuroScan said...

So sweet that you even remember what she was wearing! Impressive.

jt said...

The poet returns to Lockwood. Thanks for that. Navajo tacos are on the way for dinner tonight...

Heather said...

Very sweet, TT. You snagged one in a zillion.

Gini said...

I didn't know Jane ever ate a Navajo taco.. she never got one at home.. glad it all worked out!!!