Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Jane attacks Red Mtn

Jane and I took to the hills today northeast of Mesa. There is a nice spot to ride around Red Mountain and Salt River. Quite picturesque as well.


We took off during a lunch break in the 90* ++ heat, but had a great time. Jane tore it up, no wrecks and a good time.








I sported the new Jamis, thanks again Cory for the sweet hook-up, and really enjoyed both the climbs and descents on the new machine. (I had Jane take video of me tearing it up down the steep, but it didn't come out and I was just too tired to climb back up.)

We're going to enjoy the year-around biking.




10 comments:

jt said...

We'll have to go earlier in the day. It was fun to watch you hopping and jumping. Hidden talents, where are they all coming from?

Thanks for the lessons. On the downhill/uphill combos, speed is my friend, speed is my friend.

Candace said...

sweet bike! It looks cool!

Shannon said...

The Jamis looks nice! How does it ride??
We are loving the Fall biking out here, it is seriously Warm and Gorgeous!! we have had high 60's During the day.

Anonymous said...

going with the Jamis, eh? Weren't you sporting the Jekyl? I'd like to hear your commentary on features and decision criteria.

http://canyonsports.com/ said...

Primary decision making factor was Cory's recommendation. I wanted XT components (got it), pro-pedal fox shock (got it), light and speedy. Got it.

A very nice ride. I went again this am with a group and am enjoying it more and more.

TT

Heather said...

Do you ever ride your Jamis in your jammies?

Lizzie said...

Heather, you are hilarious!

Shannon said...

heather you are a dork!!
But actually someone had to say it Right?! hahaha

dulces said...

You look great on your new bike! Let us know how your trip goes to Mexico!

Cory said...

I am glad you are liking the Jamis. They are a great bike but just not that well known in the west. They are the deal in the northeast. I need to get my out of shape but on the mountain more frequently. I think I am just too excited about skiing. It needs to snow.