Sunday, October 28, 2007

Tag...not the body spray....

'cause I don't need cologne, I have natural essence. Besides this possible mis-perception, here are 7 idio(t)synchracies.....
  1. Mullets...I kind a like 'em and think that the style will come back. My favorite photos are when I had my Mississippi mudflap. The style will probably come back when I'm pushin' 50 which will be perfect 'cause I'll be able to wear the mullet Hulk Hogan style, bald on top, long and stringy down the back. Sweet.
  2. Low-riders.....I want one (as bad as the lady on Napoleon wanted the boat in the glass bottle). Not low-rider jeans that show your crack, "pull up your pants for Pete's-sake"; the cars that my Latino brethren sport down here in the valley of the sun. A few weeks ago, I was bumpin' along in my jeep and was stopped at a light when dude in a old Mazda truck pulls up next to me about eye level (you know my jeep sits pretty tall with the lift and tires). I didn't think much about it, but then he drops out of sight, like the earth swallowed him up. From sky rider to low rider. Cool.
  3. Bad breath.....I admire it. It shows me 1) you could care less what I or anyone else thinks about you, 2) you are too busy to brush or floss so you are using your time really effectively or 3) you are fasting for either spiritual enlightenment and guidance or for a purge/cleanse. attaboy/girl.
  4. Poet.....I think I am one. I can't really remember the form that the different types of poetry should follow that I learned in college (except Haiku's and that is because I know a lot of Haiku's....all of which are potty humor in nature), so I just write what I want and call everything "free verse". wink, wink....follow me?
  5. TVs in every room.....I don't want it. We looked at a house the other day that had almost 20 TVs in it. Theater, kitchen, office, Master, bedrooms, deck, cabana, garage.....Seems like this particular family had the perception that sitting in a thoughtless, slobbering stupor in-front of the tube is a mark of success. (note to my family.....the TVs are going to the DI or Goodwill along with their evil cousins, the TIVO machines.) uhhh....huh.
  6. Hair in ears.....I'm growing mine out. Soon I will be able to braid my ear hair with my mullet hair (neck/back) and my nose hair in a fine-twined auburn lasso. Giddy yup.
  7. The Family History lady in your ward......I'm becoming her. Discovering what the church has done and is doing lately and all of the great tools that are available is really exciting. So my heart is turning and I'm anxious to 1) clean up our families existing records and ensure we don't do anymore duplicate temple work and then 2) start filling in all the blanks (I'm seeing this will be never ending, but that is OK).

I won't "tag" anyone else as this is a little too revealing. (blush, blush)

I would, however, like to hear what Chase thinks are his quirks.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bad breath and a Ch-Ch-Ch-Chia Head style, extended mullet will go well with the Family History librarian position ;)

Gini said...

OH (gasp).. I had no idea...

Candace said...

Mullet= Nastiness :)

EuroScan said...

Dude, before I even read your blog I told Chase to tell you he inherited your "natural essence." Somehow I felt a reference coming on...

Beeswax said...

I am catching a little spirit if Elijah these days myself. Maybe you can give me some lessons on the computer.